Download the book in PDF format (French version only)
Just as the ratification process of the Lisbon Treaty is underway and as the French Presidency of the European Union is about to start, Europe is the focus of attention.
To understand what is at stake now and in the future consult the only reference work available on Europe: "The State of the Union, Schuman Report 2008
This publication offers unique analyses and maps along with vital data for everything the reader would like to know about Europe.
Only in this publication
• An article by the President of the French Republic, Nicolas Sarkozy
, on the French Presidency of the Council of the European Union from July 1st to 31st December 2008
• An article by Luxembourg Prime Minister, Jean-Claude Juncker
, on The Euro: success and challenges
A collective piece of work; 18 specialists under the management of Thierry Chopin and Michel Foucher, introduction by Alain Lancelot.
Both a work of reference and a tool this report brings together articles by the most qualified experts and offers an original table of contents:
• The State of the Union: internal challenges
• The Union in the World
• Perspectives and forecasts
• Europe - a hand guide (Chronology and Elections in Europe)
• Europe in figures: 70 tables and graphs with explanations
• 23 unique colour maps.
Photographs and audio-recording of the Schuman Report presentation in Paris
Photographs of the Schuman Report presentation in Brussels