Download the book in PDF format (French version only)
Globalization, international tension and security, economic and financial crisis, institutions and integration: these are some of the questions the European Union has to face in this election year for the European Parliament and the renewal of the European Commission.
To understand what is at stake now and in the future consult the only reference work available on Europe: "The State of the Union, Schuman Report 2009
" (3rd edition).
This publication offers unique analyses and maps along with vital data for everything the reader would like to know about Europe.
Only in this publication
• An Article from the Vice-President of the European Commission, Jacques Barrot, on "Which model for a migration and asylum policy in the European Union?"
• An Article from the Federal Ministry of the Interior of the Federal Republic of Germany, Wolfgang Schäuble on liberty, security and justice issues.
A collective piece of work; 22 specialists under the management of Thierry Chopin and Michel Foucher, foreword by Jean-Dominique Giuliani.
Both a work of reference and a tool this report brings together 19 articles by the most qualified experts on:
• the polical Europe: existing forces, debates and dividing lines,
• the state of the economies facing the crisis,
• international security at stake,
• 31 unique colour maps
• women in Europe,
• Europe in figures: 68 tables and graphs with explanations
This work is being published by Lignes de Repères. It is available in French in all good bookshops and on the Foundation site.
Article in the Figaro - 15th April 2009
"Before 7th June, a European guide for enlightened citizens
", Josseline Abonneau
Interview by Jean-Dominique Giuliani, chairman of the Robert Schuman Foundation, on Euronews
Photos of the presentation of the Rapport Schuman in Paris
Photos of the presentation of the Rapport Schuman in Brussels