The State of the Union 2010. Schuman Report on Europe.
Editor : Springer Editions
Size : 17x24 cm
Number of pages : 304
ISBN : -
Language : English
After the entry into force of the Lisbon Treaty and in the wake of the financial crisis which has challenged a number of certitudes and just as a new world order is emerging it is now more important than ever to understand the issues affecting Europe today.
The Robert Schuman Foundation has published its report The State of the Union 2010. Schuman Report on Europe (english version), a reference work to understand the European Union's progress, its needs and the opportunities open to it.
Once more the authors offer you original analyses which are supported by unique data and maps so that you can understand everything about Europe in 2010.
• Interview with Vaira Vike-Freiberga, Vice-President of the Reflexion Group on the Future of Europe, former President of Latvia
• Column by the Secretary of State for European Affairs, Pierre Lellouche, on What ambitions do we have for Europe ? Are we moving towards a European Defence Policy ?
• Column by the Chair of the Financial Markets Authority, Jean-Pierre Jouyet, on The Reform of Financial Capitalism : what chance is there of European leadership ?
• Column by the Secretary of State for Ecology, Chantal Jouanno. Which European Model for the Protection of the planet ?
• Column by the Chair of the Budget Committee at the European Parliament, Alain Lamassoure on Towards an EuropeanTax ? Europe in search of a true budget
There are also 22 articles written under the guidance of Thierry Chopin and Michel Foucher with a preface by Jean-Dominique Giuliani. The leading European experts address the following themes:
• The European Union after the Lisbon Treaty : opportunities and challenges;
• The European economic model after the financial crisis ;
• The European Union an its neighbours : how are they progressing ? What can Europe offer them ?
• The Eeuropean Union in the world : how should it position itself in relation to the new powers? What kind of a relation can be established with the USA ? What can be done for the Middle East ?
• Political Europe women in Europe, an overview of the electoral year 2009, elections planned in 2010.
Analyses supported by 89 commented tables and graphs and 27 unique maps.
Joachim Bitterlich, Thierry Chopin, Stefan Collignon, Corinne Deloy, Michel Foucher, Jean François-Poncet, Jean-Dominique Giuliani, Nicole Gnesotto, Camille Grand, Tomi Huhtanen, Jean-François Jamet, Pascale Joannin , Chantal Jouanno, Jean-Pierre Jouyet, Alain Lamassoure, Eneko Landaburu, Maxime Lefebvre, Pierre Lellouche, Christian Lequesne, Franck Lirzin, Georges Mink, Pierre-Antoine Molina, Pascal Orcier, Etienne de Poncins, Tom Schmitz, Daniela Schwarzer, Philippe de Suremain, Ivan Vejvoda, Vaira Vike-Freiberga.
Cette fiche est disponible dans les langues suivantes