Politischer Realismus und europäischer Geist - Die Inspiration Robert Schumans in der Krise
European Union - 07/05/2021
Pascale Joannin is invited to speak at an international conference on Robert Schuman and his impact on today's Europe organised by the University of Vienna in cooperation with the Akademie für Dialog und Evangelisation and the CIFE.
The founding of the European Union is inseparably linked with the name Robert Schuman (1886-1963). It was Schuman who, as French Foreign Minister, took political responsibility for the foundation of the European Coal and Steel Community with the so-called "Schuman Plan" (9 May 1950) - thus laying a foundation stone for the European ideas of today. How can Schuman's motivation and ideas help solve our social and political challenges today? Speakers from the fields of history, political science, law and theology will discuss this at the conference on 7 May 2021, focusing on the question of how personal ideals can become reality in political action and explaining the influence of philosophy and Christian values on Schuman's thinking.
Pascale Joannin will be one of the speakers of the event organised by the University of Vienna, the Akademie für Dialog und Evangelisation and the CIFE.
*** Other speakers ***
- Margriet Krijtenburg, University Lecturer at The Hague University
- Hartmut Marhold, former Director of CIFE / Honorary Professor of History at the University of Cologne
- Patrick Müller, Professor for European Studies at the Centre for European Integration Research (University of Vienna) and at the Diplomatic Academy Vienna
- Irena Lipowicz, former Ambassador of Poland to Austria, Professor for Administrative Law at Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University, Warsaw
- Cesare Zucconi, Historian and Political Scientist at La Sapienza University, Secretary General of Sant'Egidio Community, Rome
- Peter Becker, University Assistant at the Faculty of Catholic Theology of the University of Vienna
The conference will take place online or in a hybrid format.
*** When ***
Friday, 7 May
*** Registration mandatory ***
This conference will take place online. Registration is mandatory via the link.